Our living room is one of the last areas in our home that started to feel “finished.” For almost three years we’ve been rearranging the furniture, changing pillow colors, swapping out rugs, building walls (yes, building them)… it’s been a long process. I’m not sure if any of you have experienced something similar, but design doesn’t happen over night. There are a million different options out there that can quickly become overwhelming. If I could recommend one thing to do when furnishing your home, it would be to start with the heart of the room. So in today’s case, the sofa. Why the sofa and not the wall color you ask?
- The sofa will likely be your big ticket item so you want to invest in something you love.
- This is the piece of furniture you are going to use the most; you sit, lounge and nap on it!
- It’s not a piece that can easily be moved around or replaced.
For this Design Hustle I started with the Article Ceni Sofa in Fresh White (sourced below). Somehow this sofa manages to look tailored but still casual enough that your guests wouldn’t fear sitting on it. Did I mention the price yet? This beauty is $999 which in sofa terms is amazingly affordable… I refuse to disclose how much we paid for our Pottery Barn sofa because I am too embarrassed to say.
So here is Design Hustle #5! Products are sourced below, enjoy!
- Arched Lamp (CB2; Big Dipper Arc Floor Lamp $199)
- Sofa (Article; Ceni in Fresh White $999)
- Sofa Side Table (West Elm; Robbins Marble Storage Table $239 SALE)
- Coffee Table (World Market; Cala Hammered Coffee Table $299.99)
- Rug (Crate & Barrel; Juno Blue Wool Rug 8×10 $999)
- Chair (West Elm; Peyton Chair $799)
- Chair Side Table (Anthropologie; Jute Basket Side Table $148)
- Media Console (Crate & Barrel; Clapboard 48” Media Console $499)
- Throw Blanket (Target; Threshold Stripe Throw in Blue $19.99)
- Blue Pillows (Target; Threshold 2pk Metallic Blue Pillows $22.49 SALE)
- Textured Pillow (Pier 1; Magnolia Home Lexi Pillow $89)