One of the less glamorous parts of our kitchen renovation is the fact that we have things strewn all across the house. As we have been putting everything back into place it is becoming abundantly clear that we are in dire need of some organization.
I have become a huge fan of the IKEA planning tools after using it for our kitchen, and stumbled across the Algot system planner last night. Not only is it easy to use, the product itself is a fantastic value. I’ve read a few reviews, and while it is not the most customizable solution, it should be exactly what we need for our double-door closets. Before you start planning you’ll need to measure the width, depth, and height of your space. Here are our measurements:
- Office Closet – 60″ x 23″ x 90″
- Guest Bedroom – 96″ x 23″ x 96″
After measuring (twice) you can get started! Here’s a quick video of us planning our office closet.
You’ll see I did make a few changes:
- Extended one of the sections from 23.5″ to 31.5″ wide
- Exchanged 15″ deep shelves for 22.75″
- Replaced a shoe rack with three wire baskets
- Lowered one shelf to allow for longer jackets, dresses, etc.
The best part… the final price for our office closet is $119! If that isn’t a successful Hustle I don’t know what is :).
For our Algot how-to video we used ShowMore‘s free screen recording program.