In my last update I asked for help choosing our new master bedroom furniture. After hours of online shopping, we finally made up our minds. With Anthropologie’s 20% off home sale we were able to achieve all of the elements we were looking for without breaking the bank. Our new dresser and nightstands get an A+ for metal leg details, wood texture, and interesting hardware. Details and sources are below; enjoy!
The Nightstands – Anthropologie Zagora Nightstand
I love these pieces for their style and function.
- The distressed wood provides the right amount of texture to break up the huge wall our bed sits on. I was leaning towards the Pottery Barn Kaplan dresser, but couldn’t imagine 6 drawers working for us.
- While I’m hopeful we’ll be gentler with this furniture, the finish should make for easier touch up if necessary.
- The drawers are on metal glides… hallelujah!
- The top nook gives us a place to hide our cell phones and any other items that must be charged. We plan to drill a tiny whole in the back to run all cords through if one isn’t already there.
- Metal legs = durability.
The Dresser – Anthropologie Odette Dresser
Tracy Reese showstopper!
- We’re fans of blue so automatically we loved this dresser.
- The hardware… how can the acrylic and gold not speak to you? It reminds me of the campaign style dresser from West Elm, without the inconvenient drawer pulls.
- The smaller nine drawers are an organizational blessing. I’ll be able to ditch some of the drawer organizers I’ve been trying to make work in our larger dresser drawers today.
- Being able to vacuum under furniture is also something I consider (and measure for). With the taller legs I’ll be able to maneuver our Dyson underneath it without an attachment.
- Take a look at the link, but the texture on the dresser is amazing.
- We’ll use this as a dresser, but in the future I could imagine using at as an entryway piece.
The Dresser Mirror – I haven’t chosen a mirror just yet, but it will be over sized roughly 40″ in diameter. Again, our ceilings are tall so I’d like to draw the eyes up to highlight the pretty pitch of the ceiling and our crown molding.
Board & Batten – I get tired of the assumption that newer construction homes lack character. Any home can have its own personality if you take the time to incorporate some interesting details! To add something “extra” to our master bedroom we’ve considered adding a board and batten accent wall. This image in particular intrigues me… we’ll spend some time taping this off to get an idea of what it would look like.
All the other small details we’re considering are Pinned below!